What is Alopecia Areata?
Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disorder characterized by bald spots on the scalp. In severe conditions, they can be a total loss of hair from the scalp and body. It is different from the general pattern baldness which mainly occurs due to hormonal imbalance and hereditary factors.
The immune cells of our body’s main function are to protect our body from various germs and other pathogens. When these immune cells attack own body cells mistakenly, that condition is known as an autoimmune disorder. In alopecia areata the immune cells attack the hair follicles impacting hair growth and regeneration.
As in any other autoimmune disorder the exact cause triggering this condition is not known but genetics and environment plays a significant role.
- Alopecia areata monolocularis when there is only one bald patch on scalp
- Alopecia areata multilocularis when there are a number of bald patches
- Alopecia areata diffusa when there is diffuse hair loss from scalp
- Alopecia areata totalis when there is complete loss of hair from scalp
- Alopecia areata barbae when there is loss of hair from beard
- Alopecia areata universalis when there is total loss of hair from body
The main symptom of alopecia is hair loss. Besides hair loss, the part from which hair is lost may be painful. In some individuals, alopecia may be associated with other autoimmune disorders like Rheumatoid arthritis and ulcerative colitis.
BEST HOMEOPATHY CLINICS FOR ALOPECIA AREATA:
Homeopathy treatment is safe and effective way of treating patients suffering from Alopecia. It’s constitutional approach based on a person’s physical, emotional and mental symptoms go to the root of the disease and helps to cure it. It regulates the immune system and helps to stimulate the stem cells to generate hair growth.At Dr.Care homeopathy, our team of well-experienced doctors and dynamic medications has helped many in overcoming their Alopecia Areata.