Is it possible to remove gallbladder stone without surgery? Yes !
Cholelithiasis or Gall bladder Stones is one of the common condition and number of people affected is on an increase attributed to sedentary life style and increased intake of processed food. Earlier it was thought to be predominantly found in western countries with more than 7% Male and 15% female population between age group if 18-25 years affected by it in North America, Europe and Australia and the incidence of gall stones is increasing in India over the past few years. The tendency to form gall stones is more biased towards females especially below forty years at a ratio of 3:1.
While majority of population suffering from Gall stone may remain asymptomatic but in few it can lead to inflammation of gall bladder (Cholecystitis), Obstructive Jaundice and rarely Carcinoma.
Get rid of gallstones with Homeopathy Treatment:
Anatomy of Gall Bladder: Gall bladder is a small pear shaped organ lying in a fossa on the inferior surface of the right lobe of liver and acts as a reservoir for bile juice (secreted by liver to help digest fats). It’s dimensions are 7to10cm in length, 3 cm width and about 30 to 50 ml in capacity and is made of 3 parts viz.., fundus, body and neck.
Functions of Gall bladder:
- Storage of bile
- Absorption of water and concentration of bile
- The normal gall bladder also absorbs a small quantity of loose bile salt which is a cholesterol compound
- It also helps to regulate pressure in biliary system by appropriate contraction or dilatation so that the normal Cholecoduodenal mechanism is maintained
Gall stone formation is the most common disorder of biliary tract and it is unusual for gall bladder to be diseased in the absence of gall stones.
Pathology of gall stones: Gall stones are formed when functioning of the gall bladder is altered. It results in impairment of water absorption and increased concentration of bile juice. When the concentration increases the salts like Calcium and Cholesterol bilirubinate, carbonates and phosphates precipitate in the bile leading to stone formation.
These stones can be classified into three categories:
- Cholesterol stones– As the name suggest Cholesterol is the main component of these stones. They are also known as lithogenic stones. Cholesterol is held in bile solution by it’s association with bile acids and phospholipids in the form of micelles and vesicles but if there is too much cholesterol or bile is stand still for long time then it may sediment down and form stones.
Risk factors for this type of stones include Old Age, Female gender, Pregnancy, Obesity, Rapid weight loss, fasting, total parenteral nutrition, spinal cord injury.
- Pigment stones: Occurs when there is increased amount of bile pigments. There may be of two types Black pigmented stones due to polymerized Calcium bilirubinate, Calcium phosphates and Calcium Carbonates and Brown pigmented stones due to Calcium bilirubinate crystals. The risk factors include age, haemolysis, liver cirrhosis, ileal resection, infections and stasis of bile.
- Mixed stones
What happens if you leave gallstones untreated?
Signs and Symptoms:
Gall stones are asymptomatic in majority and discovered accidently during routine ultrasound scanning but few may be symptomatic. The symptoms are usually due to inflammation of gall bladder (Cholecystitis) or the gall stone obstructing the bile tract. The common symptoms are:
- Pain in the epigastric region or right upper quadrant abdomen which radiates to the interscapular region or tip of the right scapula (the shoulder bone). The pain may mimic oesophagitis, myocardial infarction or dissecting aneurysm.
- Dyspepsia or indigestion with nausea accompanied by vomiting
- Flatulence (gas) or bloating of stomach
- Intolerance to fatty food
- In case of obstruction of bile duct due to stone(Mirizzi syndrome) it may lead to Obstructive jaundice
- Presence of stone may lead to Chronic inflammation of Gall bladder (Chronic Cholecystitis)
Homeopathic approach to Cholelithiasis:
Cholecystectomy i.e. removal of gall bladder is recommended by conventional treatment for gall stones but removal of gall bladder weakens the digestion resulting in discomfort after eating fatty and fried foods and increase the cholesterol levels. Homeopathy can treat gallstones without surgery and complications by giving Constitutional homeopathic treatment. Homeopathy believes in treating the Man and not the disease. Medications are selected on careful individualization based on person’s mental, physical, social and emotional symptoms. It’s potentised dynamic medications helps in resolving most of the gall stones naturally without surgery.
Homeopathy Treatment For Gall bladder Stones & Successful Case Study:
A middle aged woman came to our clinic about seven months back. She was suffering from severe abdominal pain mainly below the right breast with nausea and vomiting. She was suffering from this type of pain on and off from few months and after palliative treatment she was suggested surgery by her family physician. As she was scared of surgery so on searching for alternative treatment she approached our clinic. A detailed case taking was taken during which we came to know that her son expired due to heart problem and now she has more anger against god for snatching her son away. As per her husband she used to be religious but this turn of events made her bitter and she keeps weeping thinking about her son. She had a serious look, no smile at all on face. On repertorization a dose of Lycopodium 200 was prescribed. Her flatulence was relieved and pain came down. She was on a regular follow up and a repeat scan was done after six months where the result showed absence of any stone in gall bladder. Her digestion improved and she was feeling much better.